Jewish-Scrapbooking.com Design Team Call
Jewish-scrapbooking.com is the only site of its kind on the internet, dedicated to providing ideas, information, resources and community for Jewish papercrafters and anyone in need of inspiration for Jewish projects (such as gifts for the Jewish branch of the family, or a Chanukah card for that one Jewish co-worker!)
We are currently searching to fill one position on our Design Team. Submissions will be due April 22, 2009. All applicants welcomed, including International.
You may apply for the Jewish-Scrapbooking.com Design Team by submitting the following to email@example.com :
Submit images of 3 recent projects that represent your best design work. Most of our sponsors are 'traditional' scrapbooking companies, so please don't submit digital-only works at this time. Please do mention if you're digi-capable, though. It comes in handy!
We would love to see at least one project using Jewish themes or supplies, but this is not a hard and fast requirement.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
1. Please describe your experience with papercrafting, and what kinds of crafts you enjoy most. Are you a straight paper scrapbooker? Mostly a card maker or stamper? Can you use both mounted and unmounted or acrylic stamps? Can you do digital or hybrid projects in addition to paper projects? Are you eager to give new mediums and techniques a shot, or do you prefer to stay with your tried-and-true techniques? Let us know what you feel your strengths are.
2. Tell us about your connection with Judaism or Jewish papercrafts. It is not absolutely mandatory that you be Jewish yourself, but we should see a clear motivation for you to be applying for this team, and be certain that you have sufficient knowledge of Judaism and/or Jewish culture and community to be able to create Jewish themed papercrafts on a monthly basis.
3. If you are currently on one or more design teams, perform moderating duties at another site, or have a papercrafting resume, online gallery or blog, please let us know where (or send links) and what kinds of experience/responsibilities you have elsewhere. Previous DT experience is not necessary. We are open to a variety of styles and experience levels. Passion for and commitment to Jewish crafting are what’s most essential.
4. Tell us a little about yourself and your family – where you live, who you love, what you enjoy, what subjects you scrap the most. Send the above with your name, email address & full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants who are not currently members of our community are strongly encouraged to register at http://www.jewish-scrapbooking.com and begin participating in the forums and gallery as soon as possible, so that we can get to know you!*
If chosen as a Jewish-Scrapbooking.com Design Team member you will be required to:
1. Create 2-3 papercrafting projects (could be layouts, cards, or other items) each month on deadline, generally with sponsor materials sent to you. Specifics will be sent to those invited to join the DT. Not *all* projects will need to have a Jewish or religious theme or use Jewish themed supplies, but be prepared to present a majority of projects that do. We are most eager to fill our site with Jewish crafting inspiration, but most of us don’t have religion or religious symbols on EVERY layout.
2. Actively participate in our member forums and gallery (starting threads, responding to posts, commenting on layouts), including moderating a forum.
3. Help create & host forum challenges and/or contests on a rotating basis with other DT members; contribute other content to the site such as tips, techniques, project instructions and resources on an as-needed basis.
DT duties will begin on May 1st, 2009 and continue for one year.
Questions about this call or DT requirements may be asked on the DT call thread in our forums, or via pm at the site. We look forward to seeing your work and getting to know you!